Thursday, November 26, 2009

(excerpt from O Sacred Head, Now Wounded)


The joy can ne'er be spoken,
Above all joys beside,
When in Thy body broken
I thus with safety hide.
O Lord of life, desiring
Thy glory now to see
Beside Thy cross expiring
I'd breathe my soul to Thee

...

My Savior, be Thou near me
When death is at my door;
Then let Thy presence cheer me,
Forsake me nevermore!
When soul and body languish,
Oh, leave me not alone
But take away mine anguish
By virtue of Thine own!

By Thou my consolation
My shield when I must die;
Remind me of Thy Passion
When my last hour draws nigh.
Mine eyes shall then behold Thee
Upon Thy cross shall dwell
My heart by faith enfold Thee
Who dieth thus dies well!

My God, my God thank you! Thank you for taking my love. Thank you for wrapping him in your arms. Thank you for your perfection! Thank you for your wonderful, wonderful cross because it is through your death and resurrection that we are able to run to you, that we truly live. Today is a day of thanksgiving. Today is good. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you my Father. Thank you for giving me 4 wonderful, painful, messy, spectacular years with the one who my soul loves. You are so very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment