So the funeral was good. I had been dreading it, but it truly was good. Both Syd and I spoke and God definitely moved. I’m extremely thankful that God put it on my heart to share the Good News because I’m pretty sure most people fell asleep during the pastor’s dispassionate Christianese-filled sermon. I don’t remember Brock ever liking that guy anyway.
On the plus side I was convinced for a split second that the guy said that love exudes from God’s ass instead of exuding from His essence. Hahahahaaha, oh man irreverent as that is it still makes me belly laugh. Thankfully I was sitting in the front row so I’m pretty sure that everyone thought my shaking shoulders was me sobbing instead of trying to contain giggling hysterics. Steph, who was sitting next to me, even handed me a tissue preparing to console me until she saw the big grin I was trying to hide.
Brock would be proud.
Overall the day was joyful. After the funeral I sat with a bunch of the guys closest to Brock. We went back and forth between telling ridiculous Brock stories to upholding the tradition of semi-witty verbal slams against one another. Four years in that crowd and I can definitely hold my own. One of Brock’s friends told me that Brock was probably ribbing everyone around him in heaven going “That’s my girl! Eh, eh?” Oh love :)
Ha, additional funny. While I was speaking I referenced the fact that everyone else in heaven probably have these rockin’ bodies while Brock probably has Roland back. (That’s what I named the extra love on his gut.) I also said something along the lines of “having babies and all that cool stuff.” Hahahaha. Who knew a funeral could be so fun.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I say it again: Rejoice! - Phil 4:4
I heart (♥) you.
ReplyDelete